Sunday, January 2, 2011

One more reading challenge for 2011

This one should be easy enough for me. Of the 77 book I read in 2010, 61 of them (79%) came from the library. I love the library. I'm typically there 2-3 times each week. The local branch that I go to is on the way home from work, so it's never out of the way.
When Ashley was little we went to this branch several times a week. We went for story time, crafts, programs and just to check out books. Then, when Ashley was in the later grades of elementary school and in middle school, we didn't go as much. She used her school library and I was happy to buy books rather than rent them. I'm glad that I rediscovered our local library branch and I plan to continue frequenting it.

You can check out the details and sign up here, at Home Girl's Book Blog.


There are four levels:
--The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
--Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
--Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
--Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.

My goal is for 50% of the books that I read to come from the library. I know that is less than what I did in 2010, but I also want to read books that I have already purchased so I can sell them and declutter my bedroom! :)

No comments: