Saturday, January 1, 2011

Book Review #1 of 2011

 


The main character, Linda, suffers (?) from the rare lexical → gustatory synesthesia, where individual words evoke taste sensations in the mouth. This condition is fascinating and the author describes it well. The dialogues in this book took a bit of getting used to because the author named the tastes that Linda experienced when she spoke or was spoken to.
I liked Linda, I thought I knew her as a character. Then about 150 pages in that the author reveals a piece of information about Linda that turns out to be vital to who she is. It was amazing and made me go back in my mind through the first half of the book to make sure that all the pieces fit. They did. I love it when that happens

1 comment:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

This sounds really interesting. What a great book to start the year off with.