Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Time to play catch up

I haven't updated for a while, so I suppose I should play catch up.

School stuff
I got an A on my big term paper. The one on the stereotypying of women in entertainment media. I even slipped in a few paragraphs about Velma Dinkley from Scooby Doo, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Gilmore Girls. My final exam is due Sunday, I have yet to start it, but I don't think I will have a problem getting it done on time.
My computer hardware class has been harder than I anticipated. I am not a great memorizer, and a lot of the work is pure memorization. I'm sure I will pass the class, but I don't foresee an A grade.

Family Stuff
Having a 12 1/2 year old is trying. She amazes me with her intelligence and her curiousity at times, but other times, I wonder just how she got so damn sassy. For the most part, things are good, but when she smarts off I just want to shake her! She knows just how to push my buttons, Christopher too. She is boy crazy, it seems she is "going out" with a different boy every week. That worries me, but at the same time, I am glad that she will talk to us about these boys.
Christopher and I have been fine. I am still amazed how well married life suits us. We have been able to grow with each other and really offset each others moods. I am so content. Not always deliriously happy, but far from unhappy. Christopher has really stepped up since I have been back in school. He has taken over laundry and about 1/2 of the cooking and he has been attending all of Ashley's school events. They all fall on Wednesdays, when I have class, and he has made it to every single event.

Allergies
My immunotherapy has not been going that well. I have been getting 8 shots a week to bring my allergen levels up, and my body does not like it one bit. My skin has been itchy, bumpy and welted, particularly my neck and arms. My eyes have been watery, itchy, burning and they have been so mucussy (sp?). My ears have been itchy, my nose bleeding and dripping and my head aching.
I am going to have to cut down on the shots until I can stabalize my symptoms.

That's it in a nutshell.

No comments: