Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Busy bee

It's already the ninth of February and I haven't even read a whole book. I got through 11 in January, so I'm really behind. I do have (what I consider to be) a good reason.

I'm half way through my accelerated Medical Terminology course. I've been able to organize my schedule so I don't have to do any studying on the weekends, but I do have to put in about two hours every weekday to get the work done. After I finish this class at the end of the month, I will be exactly half way to my degree. I didn't go to college after high school, I had been out on my own since I was 15 and really didn't know how to go about getting into college. I started school on a very part time basis in 1999, when my daughter was two years old. Since then I've managed to get this far. My goal is to graduate college around the same time that my daughter graduates high school. I'm going to have to take at least one course every semester for the next three years to reach this goal.

I know I can do it. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darn it, people like me!

No comments: