Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter getaway and only 94 days until Alaska!

We've been out of town for the Easter Holiday for the last 4 days. We had a blast in Minnesota. We got to spend time with my mother and father in law, Henry, Greg, Melissa, Andrew, Callie and Hilary. Henry is getting so big, I can't believe that he is almost two years old already!
On Friday, Melissa, Henry, Christopher, Ashley and I went to the Minnesota Zoo. It was my first time there. I loved the monkeys! It rained while we were there, but it worked out alright because we just ran inside to see the tropics area and the dolphins.
On Saturday, Christopher and I went to the big REI and to IKEA. I was really disappointed with the IKEA. It is so much smaller than the Chicago store and it is not organized as well. I was still able to stock up on candles and dish towels though. :)
While we were shopping, Ashley went to the health club and went swimming with Melissa and Henry. We had a nice afternoon and evening hanging out at Melissa and Greg's house and talking with the family.
On Easter Sunday we went to church. Melissa and Greg's church is so big. We have been there before, but never for a Holiday service. It was crazy. There were police there to direct traffic and guys standing on the roof to help guide the parking attendants. 14,000 people were expected to attend and there were 5 services. It's so different than what we are used to, our church is so small and cozy. Then we went to have brunch and an Easter egg hunt at Christopher's aunt and uncle's house.
It was nice to be away for a while, but it is great to be back home and I'm anxious to sleep in my own bed.

And finally, here's today's Sitka picture. This is Mt. Edgecumbe. The hotel where we will be staying is right on the ocean with a great view of the volcano.

No comments: