Sunday, March 1, 2009

tween angst

I am failing at this blog thing. Maybe I am not quite failing, I haven't given up completely yet. Life is busy and I have so many things that I want to do that blogging kinda falls to the bottom of the list.
Raising a almost teen daughter is interesting and very time consuming. :) The other day she walked into the kitchen when I was cooking and said, "Mom, I haven't had a hug yet today" and walked to me with her arms out. Then today, I reached for her face to push back her hair and she pulled away and told me not to touch her. *sigh*It is hard to parent when your child's needs keep changing, day by day. Some days she needs extra love, some days more freedom, and I have to figure out what she needs each day and try to give it to her. I look back at myself at her age and that makes me feel better. I think that by the time I was in 7th grade, I was already lost. She and I have a better relationship than I ever had with my mother, and I know that this relationship will have its ups and downs, but we have this base, and I have to believe that even when I want to scream at her in the coming years, this base will keep us strong and together.

No comments: