Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

We have been married for nine years today. We met ten years ago today. After ten years together, we are as happy as ever. :)







We decided to spend the weekend together as a family, since Ashley was three when we got married, we included her in the ceremony and instead of the anniversary being just for me and Christopher, it is our family anniversary.







Friday, we picked up Ashley after school and went to the comic store. Christopher got me a plush talking tribble. (From my favorite Star Trek episode) Then we went to the budget theatre to see "The Tale of Despereaux". We all loved the book, but the movie was so different from the book. Just about the only things that the movie got right were the character's names. We then went to Monty's Blue Plate Diner for dinner, yummy!







Saturday we went to Cambridge to check out the pottery stores. The traditional gift for nine years of marriage is pottery, so that was how we decided to go to Cambridge. I got a nice water pitcher, Christopher got a soup bowl with a handle and Ashley got a smaller dessert bowl. We then went to TRU tavern and grille for lunch. I had only been there to eat one other time, with co-workers. When I was there the first time, the waiter spilled my drink in my lap. It was okay, obviously an accident and he felt bad. This time, the waitress spilled a glass of water next to me (not on me) but I did get splashed. The food is great, but either I attract bad luck when I am there or the wait staff is clumsy as heck. The restaurant has a great clay pizza oven. It looks so cool and it cooks a mean pizza too!





After lunch, we decided to go to Fort Atkinson to the Nasco outlet store. Christopher wanted to get some science experiment things to do with Ashley and we have never been to the store, only ordered from the catalog. Fort Atksinson as a town cracks me up. It is so backwards and stuck in the past. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad town, I'm sure there are great people living there, but there is something about the town that makes me go hmmm. The best thing about the town is that there is still a band shell (that is actually shaped like a shell) in one of the parks. It is so retro, I love it.

The sign at the Nasco Outlet store advertised "Check out our selection of Slop boots". This cracked us up. We were browsing in the store and there was a box of something that was on clearance and there was a sticker on it that said "Prit near full". OMG! It was so funny to see it written out like that. "Prit Near" is a regionalism, it originated with the coal miners in Appalachia, and morphed into "pert near", which is distinctly midwestern slang. A phrase like that is funny enough to hear spoken, but downright hilarious to see written out.

So then we came home and watched tv and lounged around. It'll be more of that today. TV, reading, video games and naps. It's been a great Anniversary weekend.

No comments: