Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome to 2009

Happy 2009!

In 2009 I will celebrate 10 years with my husband, 9 years married. My daughter will become a teenager this year. When we sign her up for summer camp, it will be the last summer before she has to register for High school camps. I will turn 32, Christopher will turn 34.

This week marks One year for me being back in school. I am already signed up for classes through August, so there is no backing out now. I have made some decisions regarding my education though. I am going to earn my "Project Management" certificate. I am already half way there with the classes I have taken so far. I am organized and I like to figure out the best way to do things and I am bossy, so Project Management will be a good fit. After I get that certificate, I will continue to take classes towards my AA. I have no expectations as to when I want to finish, I will just keep on with 1 or 2 classes a semester until I make it.

I don't really make New Years resolutions, but there are some things I am going to do/work on for this year. Since I am a compulsive list maker, I have made a list of these things! Here it is:

- I will not pluck out any grey hairs that I see.
- I will stop picking at my fingers, I want to have nails again!
- I will eat smaller portions and try to get more exercise so I can start to lose weight.
- I will get back in the habit of cooking dinner, we have been eating out or eating convenience foods too often in this last year since I have been back in school.
- I will try to put clothes away right after they are folded, rather than leaving them in baskets in my room.
- I will continue to read or pleasure, no matter how busy I am in school.
- I will save the money to get a new couch.
- I will keep the lines of communication between Ashley and I open and honest.
- I will stop buying so many books, I have enough on my shelf to read!
- I will drink more water.
- I will play more Rock Band.
- I will make sure that the Chinchillas get more attention.

So there you have it.

No comments: