Monday, December 22, 2008

I did it all for the pickles, the pickles!

When I was a younger, and living with my parents, I used to borrow/steal money from them a lot. I used to use the credit card, in moderation, to order things that I wanted on tv. Dad never cjecked the bills over, he just paid them. He also never kept track of how much cash he had in the drawer.
The first time I was gutsy enough to use the credit card, I was about 7 years old. I ordered the Sweet Pickle bus. I got this cool plastic bus and each month, a new book would come to fill the bus. After about 5 or 6 books, mom and dad started to wonder why I was getting these books in the mail. I admitted to using the card number to order the Sweet Pickles bus by mail, and they stopped the shipments. I cherished those few books. It was my start at the life of crime I now live. Okay, maybe all I do is speed a little now and then, but it was certainly a start to something. I was quite the thief for a few years there, until I was about 15 or so. So here's to the allure of Sweet Pickles.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

We totally had the Sweet Pickles bus, too!!!