Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm the coupon queen!

I saved $49.48 yesterday on my groceries. That's 41% of my total bill. It's nothing like the 90%+ that the "Extreme Couponing" people save, but I'm sure happy with the savings.

Here's a quick look at what I got.

Chunky soup's regular price is $2.15. I used a $1 off coupon and a $.75 off coupon. Both were doubled, for a total of $3.50 off. I bought four cans and paid $1.27 a can.

Sargento shredded cheese usually costs $2.99. The store had a sale, which took off $.99 cents a bag if you bought three. I also had a coupon for $.50, which was doubled. I got each bag of shredded cheese for $1.66 each.

General Mills cereal varies in price from $3.52 to $4.29 a box. The store had a special of $9 off if you bought six boxes. I also had a $1 coupon, which doubled. This gave me a savings of $11. The average price per box of cereal was $1.95. In addition, I got two coupons to use on my next trip, $1.50 off eggs and $3.75 off milk.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Way to go Sarah!! Isn't couponing fun stuff????