- Drinking water will no longer need to be sanitized.
- Recycling will no longer be mandatory.
- Health Insurance companies will no longer have to cover birth control. This is coming at a horrible time since National funding for Planned Parenthood was just cut.
- Ban on phosphorus in lawn fertilizer will be lifted. It was originally banned because of the runoff in our lakes.
- No more minimum instructional hours for our schools. This will all be up to local districts.
- Loss of collective bargaining to almost all public employees.
- Massive cuts to education. The first to go will be drug and alcohol prevention programs.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
The budget cuts that Governor Scott Walker is proposing for the State of Wisconsin are atrocious. Here are just a few of the items that I feel are the worst. There's so much more, but these are the ones that are keeping me up at night.