Monday, February 14, 2011

What a weekend!

We spent the weekend in Schaumburg, IL. Ashley and I wanted to do some shopping and Christopher was keen to chill in a hotel room with his guitar and book.

Hotel
We stayed at the Doubletree. It's probably the forth time we have stayed at this location. The hotel has really started to show wear and tear. I don't think we'll stay there again. There were scuffs on the walls and heater. There were faint stains on the bedskirts, curtains and shower curtain. This hotel charges for EVERYTHING! We had to pay for wi-fi and for local calls. I really though that wi-fi and local calls were standard these days. We had a special package so we got the $40 breakfast free. The breakfast was wonderful, the best thing about the whole stay.

Dining
On Friday night we had dinner at the Weber Grill Restaurant. It was a bit pricey for us, but delicious. The atmosphere and staff were great. I had a salad with blue cheese and steak on skewers. It was the best steak I have ever eaten. Christopher and Ashley both got burgers and were very impressed as well.

Saturday we had lunch at Ikea, Swedish meatballs all around. Yumm-o!

For dinner we ate at the Rainforest Cafe. Our anniversary is this week, and we went to eat at the Rainforest Cafe after our wedding, so we thought we'd eat there again for our anniversary. The Rainforest Cafe is about the experience, not about the food. It is expensive, $75 for the three of us! yikes! Ashley got a burger, Christopher got a Philly Cheesesteak and I got steak, shrimp and ribs. The coconut shrimp was great. The ribs were not very tasty and the steak was burnt. :( Not worth it for our family, but if you have younger kids they will be delighted with the experience.

Shopping
We went to Ikea and the Container Store for me. I love those places. I didn't spend too much, but I got all of the things I had on my list, so I am happy.

Ashley is a teenage girl, so she loves malls. Woodfield is huge, she was in shopping heaven. There are several stores there that we don't have back in Madison, so we took advantage and got her several new outfits. We hit up Delia*s, Gilly Hicks, Aerie and got some great deals.

Both of us had our makeup done at Sephora by airbrush. It was really cool and we looked great! The system is way too expensive for us to ever buy, but it was sure fun being spoiled while we were there. :)

No comments: