Wednesday, January 12, 2011

feelin' gloomy

mel·an·chol·y/ˈmelənˌkälē/- Adjective: Sad, gloomy, or depressed.

 

I have been on my back for four days now. I'm bored. B-O-R-E-D. I have read and tried to do homework, but after a few minutes of holding up the book, my shoulder starts to ache. So, I have turned to the TV. I figured that if I am going to watch this much tv, I should watch something good. I've been streaming old Masterpiece episodes. The acting is superb, but the stories are always a bit, well... bleak. 

My mind has been wandering, but the central theme seems to be loss. People I've lost and things, places, pets and items. You know me, when my mind starts gets all atwitter, I must make a list. In this case, a sad list, a list of things I miss.

  • Charlie and Mimzy, our chinchillas.
  • my old beat up comfy couch
  • the books we sold. We got rid of about 600 books in an effort to de-clutter, still not sure it was the right thing to do
  • the days when Ashley was little
  • Alaska
  • a few of my old friendships
  • my station wagon. I loved that car
  • fresh air, it gets so stale in the winter when all the windows are shut
  • my grandparents
  • spontaneity

No comments: