Friday, June 25, 2010

This and that

Last night we had spaghetti for dinner. I have been trying to buy the Classico brand of sauce when I don't make my own. It doesn't contain any preservatives like Prego and Ragu do.
I browned up some ground Bison with onion, celery and green pepper (gotta sneak those veggies in whenever you can) the added the sauce and simmered. I topped it with freshly grated Parmesan and Romano cheese and then mixed in the whole wheat noodles. It was delish and so easy. Quicker than ordering a pizza too.

I can't believe that in less than two weeks we will be in Alaska again. We have things pretty much planned out as far as what we will be doing each day. The plans are loose though, to reduce stress. I am looking most forward to walking the beach along the Gulf of Alaska and breathing in that cool, salty air. I can't wait to see the ravens and bald eagles and whales. I'm looking forward to eating reindeer hotdogs and hiking up the mountainside.

No comments: