Monday, July 6, 2009

July 6, 2009

Ashley started her Middle School Day Camp this week. She will be there every week day for the next three weeks. Monday-Wednesday she is with the group from 8-4pm, then Thursday nights are camp out nights. This weeks theme is "Wild about Water". Today the kids went tubing down Sugar River. Tomorrow they will canoe Lake Wingra, Wednesday is a day at the Sun Prairie Pool and Thursday and Friday they will be at Governor Dodge State Park and Mirror Lake. What fun! The cost is about the same per week as what we used to have to pay for her summer daycare, and she has so much fun!

Today while tubing, Ashley decided to swim in the river for a while and she ended up getting a good sized gash on her knee. It was gaping, so I took her to the clinic. They cleaned it out and applied some steri-strips. I thought for sure she would need stitches, but am glad that she didn't.

Our main office at work caught a computer virus and it affected our office too. It was sort of a blessing in disguise because I had so much piddly work to do that I have been putting off for weeks. I got filing done, envelopes for the new location made up, updated some forms and cleaned off our ex-employees work area. Then we went to an office furniture showroom to pick out our new desks. I am going to love mine! I get a L-shaped desk, a shelving unit/hutch that matches the desk and a new chair. We have fresh paint and new carpet also. It is going to be great! :)

After work and furniture shopping, picking Ashley up and going to the clinic, Ashley and I went grocery shopping. By the time we got home and I got all the fruits and veggies washed and chopped, it was 7:30pm! I left for work at 6:45am, it was a loooong day.

Tomorrow evening is my uncle's visitation. It runs from 5-8pm. It is going to be hard, he was only 61, just a year older than my Dad.

1 comment:

Amy said...

The Other Half told me something the other day that I thought you might want to know or could be useful. Twitter/140 characters was just a little too short. It's been scientifically proven that when kids turn 13, they have a massive increase in their quantity of braincells, which, consequently, aren't wired yet. Sometimes they actually misinterpret facial expressions and signals. That's one of the reasons that they act so "crazy" and sporadic. Just thought maybe that might help/be useful.

~ Amy