Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My poor, poor husband.

Christopher's back started to hurt on Friday, not too bad, but enough that he complained about it. Saturday is was worse and he took some ibuprofen. Sunday he woke up and had a hard time moving around. Monday, he couldn't get out of bed without help. I also had to help him put on all of his clothes and move everything that he needed to reach to waist level for him. Monday he went to the clinic, all the doctor did was prescribe a narcotic. That was upsetting to me because it does nothing to get to the root of the problem. All the drugs will do is make him loopy. I thought maybe a muscle relaxer would be prescribed, but that didn't happen.

Monday afternoon Christopher had to start using a cane to get around. Tuesday we applied heat, which provided a bit of relief. Today, Wednesday, I took him to work. He called me around noon to say that he needed to go home, the pain was so bad that he needed to take the narcotics. Even though he took them with food, he was getting very sick to his stomach. I drove him home and he spent the afternoon throwing up. Ironically, he hurt his back even worse when he was bending to throw up in the toilet. *sigh*

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind taking care of him. Not a bit, i would take care of him everyday for the rest of my life if need be, but that doesn't mean that it's not trying. Today I had to take him to work and Ashley to school, then go to work myself. I had to skip lunch so that I could take Christopher home when he got sick, so I was starving all afternoon. I had to work later than normal to make up for the amount of extra time I took at lunch. After work I had to pick up Ashley from her GSA meeting. We came home, I got in a bit of homework and nagged at Ashley to practice piano and do her homework. Then I had to run Ashley to piano and I got groceries while she was at piano. I picked her up, we got home and I made supper and tended to the pets. Then I started to do some cleanup around the house and threw in some laundry. Now I am finally sitting, watching LOST and catching up on my online stuff. Whew. What a long day.

Tomorrow will be more of the same, but instead of the piano lessons and groceries, I have a three hour marketing exam. At least it is the final, so after the exam, I will have two weeks with only one class. Then I'll have two classes regular classes going through June, with a two week accelerated class thrown in for May. My head hurts just thinking about it. I am trying to graduate in Spring of 2011, so I need to keep up this pace in order to do that.

This post turned into a long rant. But I do feel better for having vented.

No comments: